1) They want to see toughness. That's both mentally and physically!
2) They want you to be smart in the classroom and on the field
3) Be a good teammate. Work well with your backfield and others
4) Show effort. Nothing better than an athlete that hustles, no matter what.
5) The coach wants to see athleticism. No they do not want someone who trips and stumbles during the play or even looks like it. I know everyone looks a little clumsy sometimes, especially early in the career but work on that.
6) They want someone who is in the right place at the right time on the field. A player that understands what he is doing
7) They want a defensive back with elite level burst out of breaks.
8) An athlete that can make plays to change the game. That could be a big hit, force fumble or recovery, or an interception.
9) Guys that will communicate during games and practices. It helps the defense get on the same page
10) Athletes that are coachable. Men who can take instruction well and execute matter.
Now that you understand what the coaches want, make sure you adjust accordingly. I know these
things because I have been on both sides. Go be great!